Got the glistening rock? Check!
Planner ready? Check!
Now let’s get down to planning one of the best days of your life.
Almost every girl has imagined what her dream wedding would be like. It is a celebration of love which she shares with her partner to bind them forever; so it is only natural she wants everything to be perfect, spotless & one of a kind.
It’s always a good idea to start planning early. Dare we say 12 months early?
We bring to you the ULTIMATE checklist to make sure your special day goes as you imagined.
- Prepare a wedding binder – keep your ideas, notes, magazine clippings under one roof.
- Prepare a budget – be realistic and work out how much you have to and can spend.
- Hire a wedding planner – totally optional, depending on your budget.
- Make a guest list – start creating a list early as it keeps growing as time goes on.
- Sit down with your partner and have a conversation about the overall theme of the wedding – it is a mutual decision after all.
- Start looking for venues and reserve dates – some places have long waiting lists so before all your dream venues are booked, dive in.
- Start researching on wedding photographers, bands, caterers and florists.
- Take your girlfriends for wedding dress trials.
EIGHT MONTHS BEFORE
- Buy a wedding dress – after trial and errors, you will find the one true dress.
- Send Save The Dates Card- it’s much more economical and environment-friendly to send out E-Cards. Paperless Post has a large variety of customizable invites to choose from. They make cards for every party for your special moments- bridal shower, rehearsal dinners, wedding invites, bachelorette parties, engagement party – you name it! They have invites for all. Coins can be used to buy online cards.
Once you have the design you like, you can customize the writing, the background, and the fonts to have your perfect invites.
- Book entertainment, hire a photographer and meet with the caterers.
- Reserve rooms for your guests and party.
- Register for gifts – get your partner’s opinion on everything. Consider your hobbies and modify your registry.
- Pick out bridesmaid dresses and schedule fittings.
SEVEN TO SIX MONTHS BEFORE
- Buy invitations.
- Book venue for your rehearsal dinner
- Purchase bridesmaid dresses.
- Meet and book florists.
- Start planning your honeymoon with your partner.
- Hire an officiant.
- Book structural and lighting technicians.
FIVE TO FOUR MONTHS BEFORE
- Arrange transportation for the wedding party and guests.
- Final tastings and order a fabulous cake.
- Go for a dress fitting.
- Schedule hair and makeup artists and do not forget to have trial runs with them to figure out what kind of look you want.
- Rent / Buy groom’s tux.
- Buy wedding bands with your partner.
- Write vows and brainstorm gift bag ideas for guests.
THREE TO TWO MONTHS BEFORE
- Finalize your menu – you have had time to figure out what food you want and who your caterer would be, now it’s the final move.
- Finalize readings and lost of people giving a toast.
- Purchase undergarments and every other small item you might need. (Table numbers, flip-flops, dancing shoes, etc.)
- Review with all the vendors.
- Send out invitations with plenty of time to RSVP
- Finalize music, band or DJ
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Pay all your vendors.
- Enter RSVPs into your guest list.
- Mail rehearsal dinner invites.
- Have your final dress fitting.
- Create a seating chart and have a final venue walk through.
- Confirm time with hair, makeup, and other vendors.
- Break into your wedding shoes and walk all over your house to prevent blisters on your wedding day.
- Print out directions for the drivers if needed.
- Buy gifts for bridesmaids.
- Reconfirm timings with the vendors.
- Get your hair, eyebrows, and nails done.
- Get a couples massage to relax and soothe your nerves.
- (Another) Final dress fitting?
- Send timeline to bridal and groom party.
- Pack suitcases for the honeymoon!
- Practice vows out loud if you are feeling nervous.
The Night Before Your Wedding~
Have a healthy meal and stay hydrated to keep your nerves cool. Go to bed early and have a good nights sleep.
Start your day by staying hydrated and have a hearty healthy meal. Lay out your wedding dress, your shoes, jewelry, and rings. Invite your bridesmaids and get ready for a new chapter in your life.
Pin this article! 🙂